Instead of boring you to death with a lengthy description, here are some pointers about me:
- I am an Indian and a female, as my name suggests!
- I started this blog mainly because I have a *huge* problem with Patriarchal mindset which thinks, in short, that women are lower than men in the family structure / work structure / any damn structure. That I have to write about it anonymously, talks a lot about how our social setup, in most parts, is.
- I write about the above and how it affects at least half of the population of India
- I also write about my life, people in it, festivals, holidays, parenting, and random musings!
- For ease of reference, the people I refer to in my blog are these:
- Simba – my husband
- Happy – my almost 1 year old son
- Popeye – my first cousin
- Hobbes – my sister (because I think I am smart as Calvin!!)
- I shall add more as I talk about them
- I love trees, mountains, beaches, rivers, in short, everything about nature! But ironically, afraid of lizards, cockroaches and the likes!
- I love holidaying but would choose naturally beautiful places over forests of cement and stone! So, Dalhousie over Dubai, just in case you wish to gift me a vacation! 😉
- I love India and I hate India. For different reasons. But I would never really leave India, even if I had to go away for a few years. Home is where the heart is!
I hope you are bored enough by the monologue! So, to break it, lets hear from you?
How are you doing today? 🙂