Hello all you wonderful people who didn’t give a shit about me disappearing for more than 3 months in a row. Hmpfff. I could have been angry with you and not posted anything but since I am all angelic, I’ll tell you what I was upto!!
Firstly, I was loaded with files and files of work I absolutely loved to do! When that was done, Happy took ill and was hospitalised for 4 days. All’s well now. He had bronchitis but we’re good now!
And to recuperate from all this madness, we planned a wonderful weekend at a beach resort in our own state Gujarat! What you thought Gujju people only went to Diu and Daman? Wrong, weren’t you?
There’s this beautiful district called Kutch of “Kutch nahi dekha to kuch nahi dekha” fame and in it, is a serene place called Mandvi! We stayed at a resort called the Mandvi Beach Resort, which is a private beach of the royal family of Mandvi! The place is so beautiful that we didn’t even go to take a peek in the Palace which was only a kilometer away!
Look at this sparrow sunbathing after sunrise! It was so peaceful, you could sleep on the beach itself and never wake up!
We lived in tents like these:
Few more pics:
And so end the three months of hibernation from my go-to-place-for-talking-out!
Pointers for Mandvi Beach Resort:
- The longest private beach in India – 1.5 kms of private beach! Match that!
- Sandy beach, no little pebbles trying to break into your feet!
- Clean, well maintained resort
- No mobile connectivity, no internet, not even intercom! May be a problem for some. But for me, it was the best chance to disconnect and be happy!
- Bargain shopping at local market – amazing embroidered clothes for unbeatable prices – I am not advertising! 😛
- The food is delicious
- Gujarat people can easily plan a weekend getaway. We went by train to Bhuj and hired a taxi to the resort (overnight in train, an hour by taxi)
How have you all been? Any awesome places you visited?