I have wanted to do a bucket list post for a long time now. The thing is I have lazy fingers and dreamy soul. The moment I write #1 in my bucket list, the soul starts wandering away, thinking of all the things in #1 and there goes my time… Phew. I hope I succeed this time.
Fun fact you might not be interested in but I shall tell you anyhow – The term bucket list comes from another term “kick the bucket” which refers to dying. If you thought it originates from Jack Nicholson/Morgan Freeman – hawww! You got it wrong. It is said to have originated in the middle ages where if a person was executed, he/she was made to stand on an overturned bucket with a noose around their neck. And when the bucket was kicked, the person died. So this term originates from something horrifying!
My bucket list (subject to change without prior notice – the CA in me loves caveats 😀 )
1. Disneyland (see my mind has started wandering again and my fingers are itching to google images.. uff!)
2. African safari – I love giraffes!
3. Have a library in my home which overlooks our garden with criss-cross shelves, all my favorite books and a beautiful cozy white couch! (Its a bit too much to ask for, I know!)
4. Own a cafe, design it, create recipes and celebrate food!
5. Learn knitting. My mum used to knit like a pro. And I always had the best collection of sweaters. Now she can’t knit that fast because arthritis ruined everything, but I wish I could knit something for Happy someday, even if it is just a sock.
6. Learn driving a motorcycle and go for a road-trip with Simba!
7. A road trip with no fixed destination. Just wake up someday and leave for a few days. I want to do some instinctive trip!
8. Go for Mansarovar yatra.
9. Wardrobe makeover for Simba. I wish I could just dump all his clothes and get him everything new. Not that he doesn’t dress well, but with his personality, he could carry off so much more!
10. Make a snow-man. That looks perfect!
11. Meet Sachin Tendulkar and tell him that no matter the critics – I love you!!
12. Live in a picturesque Italian village for few months. Or years maybe. And grow veggies and fruits and cook!
13. Learn at least 3 more languages.
14. Have all white hair when I grow old and then – learn ball dancing with Simba. 😛
15. Watch the Republic Day parade – live.
Mmm.. I think have covered most of it. If not, I shall return with Part II 😀
Do you guys have a bucket list?